Files & Folders for PlayBook v4.0 release notes
Files & Folders is our very popular file and cloud manager for BlackBerry PlayBook. We’re thrilled to announce that version 4.0 is now available in App World.
Here’s what’s new:
- NEW! support for SugarSync!
- Access your SugarSync workspaces, magic briefcase, mobile photos, web archive, received shares.
- Swipe down and tap Help for more info.
- NEW! Bookmark your favorite folders with the Starred feature!
- Tap Star folder to bookmark the current folder.
- Swipe down and tap Starred to view your bookmarked folders.
- Tap the bookmark to go to that folder.
- Press and hold a bookmark to rename or delete it.
- Set your starred folders as your home location from the Startup page of the Settings screen.
- NEW! Support for BlackBerry Remote.
- ENHANCED! Text preview and viewer improved. Now detects various encodings, with the ability to override in the viewer.
- ENHANCED! Many performance improvements.
- ENHANCED! Bigger toolbar buttons.
- ENHANCED! Password security improved.
- ENHANCED! Improved but still unofficial Bridge functionality
- Workaround for an OS bug that prevented files being copied to BB Bridge.
- General stability improvements
- FIXED! Some (mostly minor) OS 2.0 problems were solved.
Known issue: when copying a file to Bridge, other PlayBook apps are unable to access that file on the phone until the PlayBook has been restarted. Of course they can still access the original file.
There have been major internal changes in this version. Found a bug? E-mail us at bb.support at innovatology.nl!
This version requires PlayBook OS 2.0.